- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Bar has been sternly appalled from the voluntary resignation of senior most Justice of Karnataka High Court Jayant Patel, he was apparently unhappy since he was not made the Chief Justice in any High Court despite his seniority, it abhorrent that the judges inferior to him has been upgraded. Instead of upgrading him, the senior-most Justice has been transferred to Allahabad HC where he was to be the third-senior-most judge which eliminates his chances of becoming Chief Justice.
Bar appreciated and admired Justice Jayant Patel for his upfront attitude. It has been speculated that that hinderance for his upgradation is because he had ordered CBI probe in the controversial fake encounter of Ishrat Jahan and three others and monitored the case for more than six months.
Pertaining to the above noted Gujarat High Court Advocates Association (GHCAA) has passed a resolution to file a petition in Supreme Court challenging the transfer of the judge from the Karnataka High Court to the Allahabad High Court.