- ticket title
- ICC/KLRCA Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition [March 2-4, Malaysia]: Register by Jan 31
- Ayn Rand Institute’s Annual Essay Contests: Cash Prizes of Rs. 84 Lakhs: Submit by May 1,15
- UPES’ 3rd National Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law [Dec 11–15, Dehradun]: Register by Dec 2
- Chamber of Tax Consultants’ Dastur Essay Competition 2018: Submit by Feb 26
- GNLU + Univ of Melbourne’s Sports Law Academy On Corruption in International Sports [Jan 13-17]: Register by Jan 5
Bar has been sternly appalled from the voluntary resignation of senior most Justice of Karnataka High Court Jayant Patel, he was apparently unhappy since he was not made the Chief Justice in any High Court despite his seniority, it abhorrent that the judges inferior to him has been upgraded. Instead of upgrading him, the senior-most Justice has been transferred to Allahabad HC where he was to be the third-senior-most judge which eliminates his chances of becoming Chief Justice.
Bar appreciated and admired Justice Jayant Patel for his upfront attitude. It has been speculated that that hinderance for his upgradation is because he had ordered CBI probe in the controversial fake encounter of Ishrat Jahan and three others and monitored the case for more than six months.
Pertaining to the above noted Gujarat High Court Advocates Association (GHCAA) has passed a resolution to file a petition in Supreme Court challenging the transfer of the judge from the Karnataka High Court to the Allahabad High Court.