- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
April this year, rape was alleged by a US tourist in a 5-star hotel by tour guide, a driver, a cleaner and a hotel staff after they got arrested on Monday. Metropolitan Magistrate Harvinder Singh sent the accused’s to Tihar Jail after Delhi Police moved an application seeking their judicial custody.
Delhi police arrested the accused’s after the Delhi Commission for Women issued a notice to Delhi Police asking them why the Rape Crisis Cell of the women’s panel was not informed when the victim’s statement was recorded.
Earlier, Victim was not satisfied with the probe and was ready to come to India to identify the accused. She had alleged that she was raped by the men for two days and also threatened with dire consequences if she reported the matter to anybody.
A team of psychologists and psychiatrists have been assisting the lady in recalling the details of the incident.