- ticket title
- GHCAA approached SC against the transfer of Justice Jayant Patel to Allahabad HC
- Call for Papers: Christ University Law Journal [Volume 7 Issue 2]: Submit by Nov 30
- Call for Papers: NILS Law Review (Vol. 2): Submit by October 16
- BM Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Moot (October 26 – 28, Bangalore): Registration Open
- EDUCONCOURS 1ST NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION 2017 (Prizes Worth Rs 5000/- + Publication)
In a contemporary time, SC highlighted the pernicious, horrid and disgusting practice of sexual harassment of women in India and said woman hasn’t her own space just as a man does, such practice has made an incurable dent on women rights.
Convict had moved the Supreme Court in appeal against the Himachal Pradesh High Court’s order sentencing him to seven years’ imprisonment for abetment of suicide as he harassed and stalked the girl, which caused psychological harassment and forced her to commit suicide in 2008.
Bench headed by Justice Misra, said “male chauvinism has no room in a civilised society”. Eve-teasing affects the fundamental concept of gender sensitivity.