- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
L K Advani and other BJP leaders, against whom the FIR was registered for demolition Babri Masjid. However, lower court discharged all the accused’s on the technical ground.
This was challenged by one Haji Mahboob Ahmad and the CBI against dropping of conspiracy charges against BJP leaders for demolition of structure.
Today, SC said We will not accept the discharge on technical grounds and we will allow supplementary charge sheet and ordered for a joint trial of cases arising out of the two FIRs lodged in the wake of the demolition of the disputed Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri structure in Ayodhya in 1992.
The joint trial would lead to the beginning of proceedings de novo (afresh). Matter has been posted for further hearing on March 22.