- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
In 2013, ‘Aqua Mobiles’ moved the High Court against ‘Intex’ alleging that the handset brand of its rival has created confusion among customers due to the identical trademark and had sought interim injunction on the sale of the products of Intex.
The interim relief was granted as the plaintiffs/applicants, having established a strong prima facie case for priority showing prior use and goodwill in the mark ‘Aqua’.
The Order will come into force after two weeks, starting December 24, to enable ‘Intex’ dispose of their current stocks.
Defendant argued that they had spent a sum of Rs 27 crore on commercials to promote the brand in question and had also hired a Bollywood actor. However, court rejected all the contentions and granted the interim relief.