- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Priyanka Taneja alias Honeypreet who is the so-called adopted daughter of Dera Sacha Sauda Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim approached Delhi HC for seeking transit anticipatory bail, it has been alleged that Honeypreet had preparated the havoc so created at the amidst of conviction of Dera Chief.
However, Delhi HC rejected the bail and observed that “She has evaded arrest and hence was not entitled to any discretionary relief. The plea was filed in Delhi to buy time and delay proceedings in Haryana”.
Further, Court asked the applicant to show how application is maintainable and to come on jurisdiction. Why has the plea been moved here as the applicants passport showed her address to be of Sirsa in Haryana, pertaining to above Court said the place where a person is roaming around cannot decide jurisdiction for filing the bail plea.
While rejecting the bail court suggested the applicant that the easiest way out for you is you to surrender.