- ticket title
- Supreme Court Directed To Install CCTV Cameras In Courts, Says There Is No Need For Privacy
- Call for papers: Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2394-7829) for Vol. 5, Issue 4 and 5;Submit before 20th Dec,2017
- ICC/KLRCA Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition [March 2-4, Malaysia]: Register by Jan 31
- Ayn Rand Institute’s Annual Essay Contests: Cash Prizes of Rs. 84 Lakhs: Submit by May 1,15
- UPES’ 3rd National Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law [Dec 11–15, Dehradun]: Register by Dec 2
Priyanka Taneja alias Honeypreet who is the so-called adopted daughter of Dera Sacha Sauda Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim approached Delhi HC for seeking transit anticipatory bail, it has been alleged that Honeypreet had preparated the havoc so created at the amidst of conviction of Dera Chief.
However, Delhi HC rejected the bail and observed that “She has evaded arrest and hence was not entitled to any discretionary relief. The plea was filed in Delhi to buy time and delay proceedings in Haryana”.
Further, Court asked the applicant to show how application is maintainable and to come on jurisdiction. Why has the plea been moved here as the applicants passport showed her address to be of Sirsa in Haryana, pertaining to above Court said the place where a person is roaming around cannot decide jurisdiction for filing the bail plea.
While rejecting the bail court suggested the applicant that the easiest way out for you is you to surrender.