- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
Congress MP Shashi Tharoor has filed a civil defamation case Arnab Goswami and his newly launched channel- republic, he claimed damages of Rs. 2 crores for allegedly making defamatory remarks against him while airing news relating to the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar.
Salman Khurshid representing Tharoor, sought direction against Arnab and his channel to justify the statements made against him. In reply to this, Arnab’s counsel assured that they will do the same.
He also sought a direction from the high court to restrain the TV channel from broadcasting any show relating to the death of his wife till the investigation is completed. Delhi HC issued notice to Goswami and the channel and seeking their replies by August 16