- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
Earlier, Delhi HC while hearing two PILs specifically directed the authorities to take steps to prevent diseases like dengue and chikungunya, occurring in Delhi because of solid waste disposal.
Few days before, one of the news channel showed a video which contains garbage “overflowing” on to roads from ‘dhalaos’ and “stretching for miles”.
Delhi HC issued notices to the commissioners of all three municipal corporations whom the directions was given to show cause why contempt action be not taken against them for failing to ensure cleanliness in the national capital.
Division bench comprising of Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal and Justice C Hari Shankar which said there has been “wilful violation and disobedience” of court orders to collect and dispose of garbage by the municipal authorities.