- ticket title
- Delhi HC rejected the transit anticipatory bail to Honeypreet.
- GHCAA approached SC against the transfer of Justice Jayant Patel to Allahabad HC
- Call for Papers: Christ University Law Journal [Volume 7 Issue 2]: Submit by Nov 30
- Call for Papers: NILS Law Review (Vol. 2): Submit by October 16
- BM Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Moot (October 26 – 28, Bangalore): Registration Open
Earlier, Delhi HC while hearing two PILs specifically directed the authorities to take steps to prevent diseases like dengue and chikungunya, occurring in Delhi because of solid waste disposal.
Few days before, one of the news channel showed a video which contains garbage “overflowing” on to roads from ‘dhalaos’ and “stretching for miles”.
Delhi HC issued notices to the commissioners of all three municipal corporations whom the directions was given to show cause why contempt action be not taken against them for failing to ensure cleanliness in the national capital.
Division bench comprising of Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal and Justice C Hari Shankar which said there has been “wilful violation and disobedience” of court orders to collect and dispose of garbage by the municipal authorities.