- ticket title
- IMS Unison University’s 1st National Client Counseling Competition [November 24-25, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 6
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
Congress MP Shashi Tharoor’s wife Sunanda Pushkar passed away back in 2014 and initially, police said it was a suicide but later it turned out to be a homicide, at the outset the same was questioned by Subramanium Swami by filing a PIL and further, sought CBI investigation into the case.
However, later, Pushkar’s son Shiv Menon slammed Swami over filing of PIL and said that Swami filed “Publicity Interest Litigation” and not a Public Interest Litigation. Menon’s Counsel moved an application seeking faster investigation to conclude the case. Court to be considered him a necessary and heard him during today’s hearing and sought Swami’s response.
Court during the hearing expressed concern over failure of the police to file a charge sheet in the case even after three-and-a-half years. Swami moved an application for seeking a copy of the charge sheet of the case within 45 days.