- ticket title
- SC stays Bombay HC order restricting the use of loudspeakers
- JOB POST: Litigation Associate @ MNSA Legal, Delhi [PQE: 2 Years]: Apply by Sept 10
- Despite The Orders Of Court The Ads Of Sex Determination Is Not Banned In India.
- SC Stays Bombay HC Order Banning Use Of Loudspeakers By Granting Interim Stay.
- Call for Papers: Lex Revolution: Vol III, ISSUE 4: Deadline: 31st October, 2017.
Congress MP Shashi Tharoor’s wife Sunanda Pushkar passed away back in 2014 and initially, police said it was a suicide but later it turned out to be a homicide, at the outset the same was questioned by Subramanium Swami by filing a PIL and further, sought CBI investigation into the case.
However, later, Pushkar’s son Shiv Menon slammed Swami over filing of PIL and said that Swami filed “Publicity Interest Litigation” and not a Public Interest Litigation. Menon’s Counsel moved an application seeking faster investigation to conclude the case. Court to be considered him a necessary and heard him during today’s hearing and sought Swami’s response.
Court during the hearing expressed concern over failure of the police to file a charge sheet in the case even after three-and-a-half years. Swami moved an application for seeking a copy of the charge sheet of the case within 45 days.