- ticket title
- Call for papers: Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2394-7829) for Vol. 5, Issue 4 and 5;Submit before 20th Dec,2017
- ICC/KLRCA Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition [March 2-4, Malaysia]: Register by Jan 31
- Ayn Rand Institute’s Annual Essay Contests: Cash Prizes of Rs. 84 Lakhs: Submit by May 1,15
- UPES’ 3rd National Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law [Dec 11–15, Dehradun]: Register by Dec 2
- Chamber of Tax Consultants’ Dastur Essay Competition 2018: Submit by Feb 26
Congress MP Shashi Tharoor’s wife Sunanda Pushkar passed away back in 2014 and initially, police said it was a suicide but later it turned out to be a homicide, at the outset the same was questioned by Subramanium Swami by filing a PIL and further, sought CBI investigation into the case.
However, later, Pushkar’s son Shiv Menon slammed Swami over filing of PIL and said that Swami filed “Publicity Interest Litigation” and not a Public Interest Litigation. Menon’s Counsel moved an application seeking faster investigation to conclude the case. Court to be considered him a necessary and heard him during today’s hearing and sought Swami’s response.
Court during the hearing expressed concern over failure of the police to file a charge sheet in the case even after three-and-a-half years. Swami moved an application for seeking a copy of the charge sheet of the case within 45 days.