- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Former-Orissa HC judge viz I.M. Quddusi has been charged in a graft case for helping an Uttar Pradesh-based educational trust which is barred from admitting medical course students for two years.
Delhi Court has relieved the Former Justice by granting bail to him on personal bond and surety bond of Rs one lakh. Court further directed him to surrender his passport and not leave the country without permission, join investigation as and when called upon, and not contact the witnesses directly or indirectly.
Court while granting bail, observed that “no useful purpose will be served by permitting Quddusi to remain behind bars at this juncture”. On the other hand, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) opposed the bail plea and told the court that he was not cooperating in the investigation.