- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Jounalist Gauri Lankesh was killed on September 6 by unidentified assailants at her residence in Karnataka. Criminal Defamation case has been filed against Congress party’s president viz Rahul Gandhi and CPM general secretary Sitaram Yechury by RSS activist for allegedly linking the organisation to the murder of Gauri Lankesh.
Lawyer representing activist alleged that the actions and words of the accused’s persons pointing a finger on the organization pertaining to the unfortunate demise of Gauri Lankesh, eventuality of the aforesaid actions, he being an RSS worker, he was humiliated and defamed before the common people.
Complainant claimed that the allegations are baseless and have malicious force behind it as it have been made without any proof or official statement by the investigating authorities.