- ticket title
- Court found a crook guilty for obtaining law degree fraudulently and deceptively
- 13 year old rape survivor delivered a baby after getting nod from SC for abortion
- SC Passed An Order Stating That National Disaster Management Authority Should Give Special Attention To Children In The Event Of A Disaster.
- Death Sentence Awarded To Firoz Rashid Khan, Tahir Merchant, While Life Term To Salem, Karimullah Khan In 1993 Mumbai Bombings
- Common Citizens Are Harassed By Certain Delhi Development Authority Officers .
Ferozpur Court found an advocate guilty under section 420 for fraudulently obtaining the law degree, the sound allegations were put against the accused and the same has been accepted by the court.
The factum probantia elucidates that he was employed as a Home Guard volunteer with effect from May 16, 1985. He remained in service for over a decade till March 4, 1996. Further, as per the BCI rules 75% of attendance is mandatory for every semester. He got degree from Lucknow University and enrolled himself in 1996.
After got enrolled at bar council of Punjab and Haryana, he started practising at district courts in Ferozepur. He also became a Notary Public for Ferozepur district. Contentions pertaining to locus of complainant was arose, however, the same was rejected by the Court as complaint possess larger public interest to expose how degrees are fraudulently obtained.
Accused was not able to discharge the onus and the mens rea was duly established. Court observed that the Act of accused make wrongful gain and wrongful loss to the institute from the beginning and culminate that the degree was obtained by force and deception, thereby, sentenced the accused under Section 420 of the IPC and sentenced to three years in prison and fined Rs. 2,000.