- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Ferozpur Court found an advocate guilty under section 420 for fraudulently obtaining the law degree, the sound allegations were put against the accused and the same has been accepted by the court.
The factum probantia elucidates that he was employed as a Home Guard volunteer with effect from May 16, 1985. He remained in service for over a decade till March 4, 1996. Further, as per the BCI rules 75% of attendance is mandatory for every semester. He got degree from Lucknow University and enrolled himself in 1996.
After got enrolled at bar council of Punjab and Haryana, he started practising at district courts in Ferozepur. He also became a Notary Public for Ferozepur district. Contentions pertaining to locus of complainant was arose, however, the same was rejected by the Court as complaint possess larger public interest to expose how degrees are fraudulently obtained.
Accused was not able to discharge the onus and the mens rea was duly established. Court observed that the Act of accused make wrongful gain and wrongful loss to the institute from the beginning and culminate that the degree was obtained by force and deception, thereby, sentenced the accused under Section 420 of the IPC and sentenced to three years in prison and fined Rs. 2,000.