- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
On Tuesday, National Green Tribunal imposed a complete ban on manufacture, sale, storage, purchase and use of ‘manja’ made of nylon or any synthetic material which is non-biodegradable as it posed a threat to the lives of birds, animals and humans.
Despite of the aforesaid order of National Green Tribunal, the banned manja’s are still selling in the black market at high prices. Tribunal further clarified that ban order would apply on nylon, Chinese and cotton manja coated with glass.
Petition was filed by PETA demanding a nationwide ban on all types of manja as it leads to killing and maiming of birds and animals on being entrapped by the thread. It also causes respiratory problems to minor children who are engaged in making of such kind of strings.