- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Aug,2017
- Vande Mataram has been made mandatory to be sung and played in All Educational Institutions
- Pandher and Koli sentenced to death in Nithari case
- Gujrat HC has put provisional stay on criminal proceedings against Shahrukh Khan
- Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has been challenged before Supreme Court
On Tuesday, National Green Tribunal imposed a complete ban on manufacture, sale, storage, purchase and use of ‘manja’ made of nylon or any synthetic material which is non-biodegradable as it posed a threat to the lives of birds, animals and humans.
Despite of the aforesaid order of National Green Tribunal, the banned manja’s are still selling in the black market at high prices. Tribunal further clarified that ban order would apply on nylon, Chinese and cotton manja coated with glass.
Petition was filed by PETA demanding a nationwide ban on all types of manja as it leads to killing and maiming of birds and animals on being entrapped by the thread. It also causes respiratory problems to minor children who are engaged in making of such kind of strings.