- ticket title
- Special TADA Court today sentenced the prime accused’s of Mumbai Serial Blasts, 1993
- Patna HC upheld the life imprisonment awarded to Shahabuddin and his accomplices
- Call for Papers: IFA Law Journal: Deadline 10th October,2017
- HC Prohibits Patanjali Ad Targeting Hindustan Unilever’s Soaps.
- Gujarat HC Passed An Order Stating That Practicing Chartered Accountant Cannot Enroll As A Lawyer .
On Tuesday, National Green Tribunal imposed a complete ban on manufacture, sale, storage, purchase and use of ‘manja’ made of nylon or any synthetic material which is non-biodegradable as it posed a threat to the lives of birds, animals and humans.
Despite of the aforesaid order of National Green Tribunal, the banned manja’s are still selling in the black market at high prices. Tribunal further clarified that ban order would apply on nylon, Chinese and cotton manja coated with glass.
Petition was filed by PETA demanding a nationwide ban on all types of manja as it leads to killing and maiming of birds and animals on being entrapped by the thread. It also causes respiratory problems to minor children who are engaged in making of such kind of strings.