- ticket title
- Complete ban on beef is not permissible: Allahabad HC
- BOMBAY HC : Do Not Use Prefixes Like ‘Mr. /Ms. /Mrs. In Cause Title
- Call for Papers: Model Governance Foundation
- IJSARD Call for papers: International Journal of Socio-Legal Analysis and Rural Development Volume 3 Issue 2
- ONLINE CERTIFICATE COURSE ON HUMAN RIGHTS
UttarPradesh, one of the state in India where Cow slaughter vigilantism has been increased steadily. Recently, newly elected Uttar Pradesh government issued a crack-down on the illegal slaughterhouses in the state.
After the action by UP government, meat sellers went on a strike only to call it off after Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s assurance to renew licenses within the framework of the law.
This has been challenged before Allahabad High Court, court said that no one can impose a complete prohibition on beef as it affects traders and consumers. Food habits in this state have flourished and are an essential part of life as an element of the secular culture and are undisputedly connected with the right to life and livelihood.
Court further said that “Food, that is, conducive to health cannot be treated as a wrong choice,” directed State government to solve the issue swiftly and renew the licenses of slaughterhouses.