- ticket title
- Global Pound Conference India, Chandigarh , 12-14 May 2017
- ONLINE CERTIFICATE COURSE ON HUMAN RIGHTS
- Report on Current Scenario of Solid Waste Management (SWM) in Dehradun
- Disgusting Practices like Eve Teasing, Stalking affects the Fundamental Rights
- Subrata Roy has to deposit Rs 1,500 crore till 15 July
UttarPradesh, one of the state in India where Cow slaughter vigilantism has been increased steadily. Recently, newly elected Uttar Pradesh government issued a crack-down on the illegal slaughterhouses in the state.
After the action by UP government, meat sellers went on a strike only to call it off after Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s assurance to renew licenses within the framework of the law.
This has been challenged before Allahabad High Court, court said that no one can impose a complete prohibition on beef as it affects traders and consumers. Food habits in this state have flourished and are an essential part of life as an element of the secular culture and are undisputedly connected with the right to life and livelihood.
Court further said that “Food, that is, conducive to health cannot be treated as a wrong choice,” directed State government to solve the issue swiftly and renew the licenses of slaughterhouses.