Smt. Vinatadevi Tope Social Service League of Government Law College, Mumbai (“the League”) in association with Public Concern for Governance Trust (“PCGT”) shall be organizing the third edition of Principal Dr. T. K. Tope Memorial Lecture 2018 (“the Lecture”) on 27th February, 2018 at Indian Merchants’ Chamber, Churchgate, Mumbai.
The Lecture will have eminent speakers from the bar, the judiciary and the academy put forth their views on Constitutional Governance and Secularism (“the Theme”).
Academicians, lawyers and law students (both five and three year law course) across the country are hereby invited to submit and present research papers on the Theme for this year at the Paper Presentation Competition (“the Competition”) to be held before the Lecture on the same day, i.e. 27th February, 2018 at Government Law College, Mumbai.
A soft copy of the research paper is to be forwarded to the League as per the Submission Guidelines reproduced below.
- The paper should be developed and written in order to address the Theme of the Lecture, i.e.Constitutional Governance and Secularism. Participants are free to choose any sub-theme
- The paper must begin with an abstract, which should not exceed 250 words
- The paper (including abstract and footnotes) shouldnot exceed 6000 words
- Papers are acceptable in English, Hindi and Marathi
- End-notes are not allowed
- Co-authorship is permitted (maximum two authors per paper)
- Plagiarism and direct referencing without mentioning the source is prohibited
- The paper must be typed in the font of Times New Roman (Kruti Dev for Hindi and Marathi). Font shall be in the size of 12. Line spacing shall be 1.5 inches. Footnotes shall be in the size of 10, with uniform style of citation
- All papers are to be sent to [email protected] with a cc mark to [email protected] with the subject ‘Paper for Principal Dr. T. K. Tope Memorial Lecture’
- Contact details of the author shall be mentioned in the body of the email only. The paper must not, in any way, disclose the identity of the author.
- The last date for emailing the soft copies of the paper is 17th December, 2017 (11:59 hrs)
- The paper will be rejected immediately by the jury if any of the above guidelines is not complied with.
The said papers will be considered and marked upon by a jury comprising of the Faculty Incharge / Advisors of the League and/or the Trustees of PCGT, and top forty papers will be shortlisted for the Competition.
The authors of the top forty papers will receive an official invitation from the League (via email) for the Lecture and the Competition by 6th January, 2018. The authors will thereafter be required to register for the Lecture and the Competition.
Click here for the official notice.
In case of any queries and / or further clarifications, please feel free to write an email to the League at [email protected] with the subject ‘Query for the Lecture’.