- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
In various parts of the country, mainly northern part, has been in great chaos pertaining to cow slaughter, this has also led to vandalism in past few years, Union government issued a notification regarding cow slaughter under Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Regulation of Livestock Markets) Rules, 2017.
Union govt. has banned the sale and purchase of cattle from animal markets for slaughter and impose duty upon member-secretary of an animal market committee to ensure that no person brings a young animal to the animal market.
According to the notification, person cannot bring a cattle in to an animal market unless upon arrival he has furnished a written declaration signed by the owner of the cattle. Giving details of the identification of the cattle and stating that the cattle has not been brought to market for sale for slaughter.