- ticket title
- SC modified its earlier stay order on cattle notifications
- Bombay HC: 14 yrs age restriction, but no height limit in Dahi Handi
- SC will hear the Ayodhya dispute on 11 August.
- SC refused to grant interim stay over introduction of NOTA in Rajya Sabha election
- Introduction of NOTA in Rajya Sabha Elections has challenged by Congress Chief Whip
Legal Desire International Journal on Law is a quarterly published peer reviewed journal that publishes articles and commentaries on contemporary and current issues of law written by jurists, law professors and students. The articles published are available for readers as open access at the ‘Article’ section of the Legal Desire’s website. This Journal is globally acclaimed as it is indexed with the internationally ‘International Innovative Journal Impact Factor’, ‘Directory of Research Journal Indexing (DRJI)’, ‘CrossRef’, ‘IARC’, ‘EBSCO’ and has tieups with international research organisations including ‘Dr. B.R. Ambedkar International Research Organisation’, ‘Dhammachai International Research Organisation’, ‘YSSSR’, ‘Unmukt Bharat’, ‘World Fellowship for Buddists, Thailand’ etc.
Call for submissions for its 10th edition involves the following disciplines:
Volume 1. Criminal Law
- a) Vulnerability and victimization in Criminal Law
- b) Need for Development in Criminal Law
- c) Custodial Death
- d) Judiciary and media
- e) Procedural lacunae in criminal investigations
- f) Investigative negligence
- g) Political interference in matters of trial
- h) Special treatment accorded in trial of influential offenders
- i) Disparity and discrimination in sentencing
Volume 2. International Law
- a) Arbitration
- b) Space Law
- c) Intellectual Property
- d) Syria Crisis
- e) Territorial Disputes
- f) International Organizations (UN, WTO, ICJ, ICC etc
Volume 3. Medical Jurisprudence and Forensic Science in Law
- a) Medical Negligence
- b) Medical Councils and their Role
- c) Use of Forensic Science in Justice Delivery
- d) DNA Fingerprinting and it’s scope
- e) Doctor and Ethics
The author(s) are free to submit their submissions on any of the above topics according to their interests and areas of expertise.
Types of Submissions:
The authors are required to follow the instructions given below for submitting their research work. LDIJL invites authors to make their submissions under any of the following heads:
- 1. Research Papers/Articles: A thorough analysis of your chosen theme. These can be submitted in two formats
- Short Articles: The word limit for articles is between 1,500 to 2,500 words excluding footnotes for being considered for publication in the Journal.
- Research Papers: The word limit for research papers is between 5,000 to 8,000 words excluding footnotes for being considered for publication in the Journal.
- Legislative / Policy / Book Reviews: A book review should focus on either an autobiography authored by a lawyer which could inspire aspirants and practitioners in the legal field or focuses on a practical issue that is important to know in the legal profession. For instance, a book review on a book that deals with how to bill clients or how to understand a judge’s mind etc. The word limit for book review is between 1,000 to 2,500 words for being considered for publication in the Journal.
- 3. Case Comments: A case comment should be a composite comment on some of the leading judgments by various National and International courts. The word limit should be between 1,000-1,500 words for being considered for publication in the Journal.
- Responses to scholarly works published in law reviews or books: This involves highly intellectual analysis of the scholarly works by different eminent writers. The opinions should be highly beneficial for the society and those in the legal fraternity. Word Limit should be between 1,000-2,500 words for being considered for publication in the Journal.
Guidelines for Submissions:
- All Manuscripts submitted should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 12, line spacing 1.5’;
- Footnotes cited in the manuscript should be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 10, line spacing 1’;
- The text and citation must confirm to the 19th Edition of the Bluebook: A uniform system of citation or any uniform method of citation through the whole submission.
- Provide a cover letter including your name, institution or affiliation, title of your manuscript, address, telephone number and email address.
- The manuscripts should be submitted online in a MS Word format document to [email protected] with subject as “Submission on *Title of your submission*”
Authors are required to note:
- With the submission of the manuscript, the authors grant the Editorial Board of LDIJL the permission to use the manuscript in the author’s name and will also testify that the following manuscript has not been already used or published.
- It shall be the sole responsibility of the author(s) to ensure that all references and citations stated in the submissions are correct and submissions must not infringe copyright / any other rights of any third parties. The submissions must not contain any obscene, offensive, defamatory or racially prejudiced materials. The author(s) shall indemnify the journal in case of any infringement.
The Journal has also notified the fees to be paid after the manuscript has been selected for publication:
- For Students (Undergraduate/Post Graduate): INR. 1000/- or USD 50 for Authors outside India.
- For Research Scholars/Faculty/Professionals: INR. 1500/- or USD 100 for Authors outside India.
- The Authors will get the One Complimentary Hard Copy of the Journal delivered to postal address. (Postal Charges to be paid for International Authors outside India).
- Certificate of Publication.
The Authors are required to submit their manuscripts at [email protected] before May 30th 2017. The Authors may note that there are limited slots for publication and the journal will be selecting submissions on first-come first-serve basis. The Journal will be published in July, 2017 after one month editing, reviewing and printing procedure in month of June after the selection of manuscripts. However, the publication certificate will be provided after the selection of the paper for final printing. It may take a week time for editorial board to review and intimate you about the selection/rejection.
For further queries, the authors may contact:
Ms. Samanvi, Executive Editor,
Contact: 7310809383 or email to: [email protected]