Call for Papers: National Seminar on Women with Disabilities at Delhi University [March 10]: To be Submitted by Feb 26
About the Conference
To celebrate International Women’s Day, Campus Law Centre is organizing a National Seminar on ‘Women with Disabilities: Law and Policy’ on 10th March, 2018.
The purpose of the Seminar is to highlight those issues where the gender and disability interact with each other. It aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and challenges faced by women with disabilities at national and international levels.
The primary objective is to analyse the extent to which the law and the legal system have responded to the needs of women with disabilities. Hence, it seeks to provide a platform for feminists and disability researchers and activists to share their learning and perspectives on contemporary issues relating to the legal rights of women with disabilities.
- Understanding Feminist Perspective of Disability with Key Issues.
- Analysing the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, 1979 (CEDAW) from Disability Perspective.
- Examining the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, 2006 from the Perspective of Women.
- Feminist Analysis of the Mental Health Act, 1987.
- Feminist Analysis of the Rehabilitation Council of India Act, 1992.
- Feminist Analysis of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
- Any other relevant International and National Legal Instrument or Policy.
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract:
26th February, 2018
- Intimation of Selected Abstract:
28th February, 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper:
7th March, 2018
- Last Date for Registration and Payment of Fees:
7th March, 2018
Guidelines for Abstract and Paper Submission:
- Author Name, University/Organization, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number,
to be stated clearly on the cover page of the paper.
- It must be typed in MS Word format (Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 for text
and 10 for footnotes and 1.5 Line Spacing for text and single for footnotes).
- Word Limit for Abstract- 300-350 words.
- Word Limit for Full Paper- 5000-8000 words (inclusive of footnotes)
- Indian Law Institute (ILI) Citation Style must be strictly adhered to while submitting the paper. Available here.
- The softcopy of the abstract and full paper (with cover page) are to be mailed to[email protected].
For Participants: Rs. 1000/-
For Attendees: Rs. 250/-
Mode of Payment of Registration Fees:
- Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT):
Name of Payee: Registrar, University of Delhi
Address: University of Delhi
Bank Account Number: 10851299052
Name of the Bank: State Bank of India
Bank Branch: University of Delhi
IFSC Code: SBIN0001067
MICR Code: 110002030
- CASH: The registration fee can be paid in cash to the Coordinators.
Email: [email protected]
Ms. Neha, Assistant Professor: 8750997284
Dr. Monica Chaudhary, Assistant Professor: 9811243884
Ms. Shilpi, Assistant Professor: 9868256343
Ms. Isha Wadhwa, Assistant Professor: 9868302737