- ticket title
- Call for Papers: National Seminar on Socio-Legal Aspects of Combating Acid Attack by JMI, Delhi [Jan 24]: Submit by Jan 21
- Bilasa Youth Conclave Parliamentary Debate [Jan 27-28, Bilaspur]: Registrations Open
- Call for Comments by Govt. of India: Data Protection Framework: Submit by Dec 31
- Vyas GLC National Legal Essay Competition 2017-18 [Prizes Worth Rs. 28,000]: Submit by Dec 31
- Call for Papers: International Journal of Enviro Legal Research [Vol. 3]: Pay Rs. 1400 for Publication; Submit by Dec 31
Call for Papers: National Seminar on Socio-Legal Aspects of Combating Acid Attack by JMI, Delhi [Jan 24]: Submit by Jan 21
Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia proposes to organize a One Day National Seminar in collaboration with National Commission for Women on Socio-Legal Aspects of Combating Acid Attack in India, to be held on January 24, 2018 for which papers are invited from interested stakeholders.
Click here for Concept Note.
Auditorium, National Commission for Women, Jasola, New Delhi-110025
Objects and Justification
The proposed National Seminar on Combating Acid Attack has been conceptualized with the basic objective of taking stock of the progress made by India in the sphere of law, and creates a space for discussion on all matters pertaining to acid attacks.
Hence, this seminar is basically intended to open discussion in the following relevant areas.
- Social Exclusion of acid victims
2. Laws dealing with acid attack
3. Deterrence as a means of combating acid attack
4. Rehabilitation of Acid attack victims like access to employment.
5. Efficacy of Victim Compensation Schemes
- Causes of acid attack
2. Restrictions on acid sale
3. Sensitization of public
4. Comparative approach: Bangladesh Model
5. Efficacy of Punishment
Interested Participants may email a line of interest of the theme on which they intend to present a paper by January 10, 2018.
Abstracts can be sent by January 21, 2018.
Full papers should be emailed a week before the seminar to [email protected].
Reviewed Full Papers would be published after the seminar.
Dr. Saadiya, Assistant Professor, [email protected]
Prof. Nuzhat Parveen Khan, Dean, Faculty of Law, [email protected]
Phone: 011-26981717 Extn: 3100; 3101; 3102, 3110
Click here for more details.