Call for Papers: National Seminar on Changing Dimensions of the Right to Privacy by JMI, Delhi [March 25-26]: Submit by March 5
Faculty of Law, JMI is organizing a National Seminar on Changing Dimensions of the Right to Privacy in India on 25th & 26th March, 2018.
About the Seminar
The right to privacy has been interpreted as an unarticulated fundamental right under the Constitution of India. However, through various judgments over the years, Indian courts have interpreted the other rights in the Constitution as giving rise to a (limited) right to privacy primarily through Article 21, the right to life and liberty.
Right to Privacy in India has been a contentious issue in recent years and it concerns the lives of many people around the world. Right to privacy is not a constitutionally but judicially recognized right.
This Seminar endeavors to focus on the impact of declaring privacy as a fundamental right, the impact on private entities (non-tate parties) and the potential impact on the anticipated privacy law.
Objective of the Seminar
This Seminar is an attempt to analyse the right to privacy from different perspectives and check the status of this right. The proposed objective of the seminar are:
- To understand the various facets of Right to Privacy in India
- To determine the scope of Right to Privacy which can be guaranteed
- To analyse the significance of technological advancements on the restrictions on Right to Privacy
- To analyse the effect of DNA profiling, biometric identification, etc. on the criminal
liability on the accused.
- To the needs of and the opportunities and dangers posed to liberty in a digital
The present seminar has been conceptualized with the basic objective of taking stock of
the progress made by India in the sphere of law, and creates a space for discussion on
all matters pertaining to legal issues concerning privacy.
Call for Papers
Seminar papers are invited from the academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the issues related to above theme.
It is also proposed that the selected papers by the Committee will be published in a special volume on the seminar in the form of an edited book with ISBN No. Author of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their papers as per requirement of the theme during sessions on the day of the seminar.
All the Abstracts and Full-length papers shall be sent as an attachment on email id.
Hard Copy of the Submissions may be sent along-with a CD should be addressed
at: The Dean, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110025
Registration Procedure & Fees
Participants willing to attend the seminar should fill the enclosed Registration Form and submit it latest by 20th March, 2018.
Filled-in registration form can be sent electronically or by post.
Registration Fees can only be paid in cash at the Registration Desks on the inaugural day at the venue [Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110025].
Types of Delegates Registration Fee
Academicians Rs. 750
Professionals (NGOs/Media Persons/Policymakers) Rs. 1000
Research Scholars Rs. 500
Students Rs. 250
Foreign Delegates US$ 50
- Last Date for Submission of Abstracts by Post/E-mail (Softcopy): 5th March, 2018
- Intimation on Selection of the Abstract: 6th March, 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: 15th March, 2018
Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi 110025
Timings: 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Dr. Faizanur Rahman, Assistant Professor, Mobile No.: +91-8348333999
- Ms. Sayantika Ganguly, Student, Mobile No.: +91-9873546287