Call For Papers: Conference on Ambedkar’s Legacy @ Ambedkar University, Delhi [Feb 23]: Submit by Jan 15
Ambedkar University Delhi is conducting the Young Researchers’ Conference titled Beyond the icon: Ambedkar’s legacy for our times on 23rd February 2018.
The conference hopes to address a range of questions and issues such as:
- What does it take to understand marginality? What is the place of minorities in our society?
- How can we merge theory and praxis so that enlightened thought informs our daily choices?
- Faith, knowledge and society: implications of Ambedkar’s conversation with Buddhism.
- Creative and intellectual endeavour as activism: Dalit writing, media and society, alternative aesthetics
- Ways to tackle social prejudice without mythologizing or appropriating Ambedkar.
- Education and social transformation.
- Law and democracy.
- Economics, development and social justice: labour rights, women’s empowerment, etc.
Ambedkar University Delhi (Kashmere Gate Campus)
Call for Papers
Abstracts for papers in English or Hindi of up to 200 words in MLA format should be submitted by 15th January 2018 with a short bio note mentioning your name, affiliation, contact details, research interests, etc.
Candidates whose abstracts are selected will be informed by 22nd Jan. As this is a conference for local participants, we won’t be able to offer remuneration for travel and accommodation.
Brief entries (not more than 10 minutes each) for a session comprising readings, performative presentations and creative work will also be considered.
For details, please view the official notice given here.