- ticket title
- Call for Comments by Govt. of India: Data Protection Framework: Submit by Dec 31
- Vyas GLC National Legal Essay Competition 2017-18 [Prizes Worth Rs. 28,000]: Submit by Dec 31
- Call for Papers: International Journal of Enviro Legal Research [Vol. 3]: Pay Rs. 1400 for Publication; Submit by Dec 31
- Call for Papers: The World Journal on Juristic Polity, 4th Anniversary Ed: Submit by Jan 15
- Law Guru Institute, Pune’s 1st National Moot Court Competition [Feb 11]; Cash Prizes of Rs. 2 Lakhs: Register by Jan 10
Call for Comments by Govt. of India: Data Protection Framework: Submit by Dec 31
Government of India has constituted a Committee of Experts under the Chairmanship of former Supreme Court Justice Shri B N Srikrishna to study various issues relating to data protection in India and make specific suggestions on principles to be considered for data protection in India and suggest a draft Data Protection Bill.
The objective is to “ensure growth of the digital economy while keeping personal data of citizens secure and protected.”
Instrumentally, a firm legal framework for data protection is the foundation on which data-driven innovation and entrepreneurship can flourish in India. Fostering such innovation and entrepreneurship is essential if India is to lead its citizens and the world into a digital future committed to empowerment, experiment and equal access.
A White Paper has been drafted to solicit public comments on what shape a data protection law must take.
The White Paper outlines the issues that a majority of the members of the Committee feel require incorporation in a law, relevant experiences from other countries and concerns regarding their incorporation, certain provisional views based on an evaluation of the issues vis-à-vis the objectives of the exercise, and specific questions for the public.
On the basis of the responses received, the Committee will conduct public consultations with citizens and stakeholders shortly to hear all voices that wish and need to be heard on this subject.
The white paper can be downloaded here.
Submission of responses to this White Paper may be made through the Web Form available at this link.
For details, visit the official notification given here.