- ticket title
- Call for papers: Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2394-7829) for Vol. 5, Issue 4 and 5;Submit before 20th Dec,2017
- ICC/KLRCA Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition [March 2-4, Malaysia]: Register by Jan 31
- Ayn Rand Institute’s Annual Essay Contests: Cash Prizes of Rs. 84 Lakhs: Submit by May 1,15
- UPES’ 3rd National Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law [Dec 11–15, Dehradun]: Register by Dec 2
- Chamber of Tax Consultants’ Dastur Essay Competition 2018: Submit by Feb 26
Former Calcutta High Court Justice CS Karnan was found guilty by Supreme Court in a contempt proceedings, accordingly he was sentenced to six months imprisonment, judgment was passed by SC during his tenure. On May 9 sentence was pronounced and since he had been evaded the arrest.
His tenure had ended on June 12 as a fugitive from law with no customary farewell being given to him. He is the first sitting high court judge to be awarded a jail term by the apex court. He also made several attempts to get stay on the imprisonment order, however, failed to get any relief from the apex court’s vacation benches which refused to hear his plea.
He also approached President Pranab Mukherjee to get stay on the apex court’s order, but till now, no relief has come to the judge. West Bengal police had done everything to implement the Supreme Court order, still they didn’t find him.
Today, CS Karnan got arrested in Coimbatore. He is being brought to Chennai today and will be brought to Kolkata tomorrow morning.