- ticket title
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
Former Calcutta High Court Justice CS Karnan was found guilty by Supreme Court in a contempt proceedings, accordingly he was sentenced to six months imprisonment, judgment was passed by SC during his tenure. On May 9 sentence was pronounced and since he had been evaded the arrest.
His tenure had ended on June 12 as a fugitive from law with no customary farewell being given to him. He is the first sitting high court judge to be awarded a jail term by the apex court. He also made several attempts to get stay on the imprisonment order, however, failed to get any relief from the apex court’s vacation benches which refused to hear his plea.
He also approached President Pranab Mukherjee to get stay on the apex court’s order, but till now, no relief has come to the judge. West Bengal police had done everything to implement the Supreme Court order, still they didn’t find him.
Today, CS Karnan got arrested in Coimbatore. He is being brought to Chennai today and will be brought to Kolkata tomorrow morning.