- ticket title
- Special TADA Court today sentenced the prime accused’s of Mumbai Serial Blasts, 1993
- Patna HC upheld the life imprisonment awarded to Shahabuddin and his accomplices
- Call for Papers: IFA Law Journal: Deadline 10th October,2017
- HC Prohibits Patanjali Ad Targeting Hindustan Unilever’s Soaps.
- Gujarat HC Passed An Order Stating That Practicing Chartered Accountant Cannot Enroll As A Lawyer .
Former Calcutta High Court Justice CS Karnan was found guilty by Supreme Court in a contempt proceedings, accordingly he was sentenced to six months imprisonment, judgment was passed by SC during his tenure. On May 9 sentence was pronounced and since he had been evaded the arrest.
His tenure had ended on June 12 as a fugitive from law with no customary farewell being given to him. He is the first sitting high court judge to be awarded a jail term by the apex court. He also made several attempts to get stay on the imprisonment order, however, failed to get any relief from the apex court’s vacation benches which refused to hear his plea.
He also approached President Pranab Mukherjee to get stay on the apex court’s order, but till now, no relief has come to the judge. West Bengal police had done everything to implement the Supreme Court order, still they didn’t find him.
Today, CS Karnan got arrested in Coimbatore. He is being brought to Chennai today and will be brought to Kolkata tomorrow morning.