- ticket title
- ICC/KLRCA Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition [March 2-4, Malaysia]: Register by Jan 31
- Ayn Rand Institute’s Annual Essay Contests: Cash Prizes of Rs. 84 Lakhs: Submit by May 1,15
- UPES’ 3rd National Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law [Dec 11–15, Dehradun]: Register by Dec 2
- Chamber of Tax Consultants’ Dastur Essay Competition 2018: Submit by Feb 26
- GNLU + Univ of Melbourne’s Sports Law Academy On Corruption in International Sports [Jan 13-17]: Register by Jan 5
Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, principal accused in the Malegaon blasts case, by Bombay High Court has now been challenged by one of resident of Malegaon via filing Special Leave Petition. Main basis for Bail so granted is that the National Investigation Agency in its Supplementary Charge Sheet gave a clean chit to the accused.
The conclusion drawn from supplementary charge sheet is that the charges under Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act should not be levied against her. “Re-investigation after such a long period of seven years led discrepancies upon what witnesses had testified earlier and its aimed at derailing the course of investigation and justice” is the main ground of the petition.
Petitioner contended that the High Court had solely considered the contents of the Supplementary Charge Sheet without evaluating the material on record. Bail was granted to her on 25 April this year.