- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Aug,2017
- Vande Mataram has been made mandatory to be sung and played in All Educational Institutions
- Pandher and Koli sentenced to death in Nithari case
- Gujrat HC has put provisional stay on criminal proceedings against Shahrukh Khan
- Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur has been challenged before Supreme Court
Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, principal accused in the Malegaon blasts case, by Bombay High Court has now been challenged by one of resident of Malegaon via filing Special Leave Petition. Main basis for Bail so granted is that the National Investigation Agency in its Supplementary Charge Sheet gave a clean chit to the accused.
The conclusion drawn from supplementary charge sheet is that the charges under Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act should not be levied against her. “Re-investigation after such a long period of seven years led discrepancies upon what witnesses had testified earlier and its aimed at derailing the course of investigation and justice” is the main ground of the petition.
Petitioner contended that the High Court had solely considered the contents of the Supplementary Charge Sheet without evaluating the material on record. Bail was granted to her on 25 April this year.