- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, principal accused in the Malegaon blasts case, by Bombay High Court has now been challenged by one of resident of Malegaon via filing Special Leave Petition. Main basis for Bail so granted is that the National Investigation Agency in its Supplementary Charge Sheet gave a clean chit to the accused.
The conclusion drawn from supplementary charge sheet is that the charges under Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act should not be levied against her. “Re-investigation after such a long period of seven years led discrepancies upon what witnesses had testified earlier and its aimed at derailing the course of investigation and justice” is the main ground of the petition.
Petitioner contended that the High Court had solely considered the contents of the Supplementary Charge Sheet without evaluating the material on record. Bail was granted to her on 25 April this year.