- ticket title
- Supreme Court: “Health Of A Citizen Has Primacy”, Stays Karnataka High Court Verdict Against 85% Pictorial Warning On Tobacco Products.
- 1st Surana and Surana-Raffles University National Labour Law Moot Competition [Feb 16-18, Rajasthan]: Register by Jan 31
- 2nd OP Jalan Memorial Taxation Moot Competition 2018 [Feb 23-25, NUSRL Ranchi]
- CFP: TNNLS Int’l Conference on Affirmative Action and the SDG of Gender Equality [Sep 22-23, Trichy]: Submit by Feb 28
- Call for Papers: Law Mantra Journal (Volume 5, Issue 6 & 7): Submit by Feb 10,2018
The Supreme Court has stayed the Karnataka High Court order quashing the 2014 government regulation that packets of Tobacco products must carry pictorial warning covering 85 per cent of the packaging space, saying that “health of a citizen has primacy”. A bench comprising Chief Justice Dipak Misra and justices A M Khanwilkar and D Y Chandrachud was “unimpressed” withRead more