- ticket title
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
- Good Governance Yatra Travel Program for Change Agents [Dec 15-23, Delhi, UP, Bihar]: Apply by Oct 22
- Call for Papers Two Day National Seminar on Women’s Rights Issues &Challenges (Nov 8 & 9) Submit by Oct 24
- Supreme Court: App-Based Transport Service Providers Like Uber, Ola, Redbus Needed To Be Regulated To Ensure Safety Of Women Commuters.
Supreme Court had imposed a complete ban on selling liquor within 500-metre range of highways, some of the states has circumvent the aforesaid Supreme Court Judgement by amending their laws and others has been exempted by Supreme Court from this ban.
Earlier only Sikkim and Meghalaya as states and union territories exempted from the apex court’s order. Now, Arunachal Pradesh, and Andaman and Nicobar Islands has joined the above mentioned states.
Arunchal pradesh states contended that every road in their state is a national highway and the state has consequently suffered a revenue loss of up to 50 percent after the implementation of Supreme Court’s order and Andaman and Nicobar Islands sought parity with Sikkim and Meghalaya.