- ticket title
- Allahabad HC give 2 weeks time to UP govt. to file their reply in Prajapati case
- Special TADA Court found accused’s including Abu Salem and Mustafa Dossa guilty in Mumbai Blasts
- Delhi HC: Bail granted by Trial Court is full of infirmities, hence, need to be set aside.
- Bombay HC puts questions on early release of Sanjay Dutt from prison
- Hyderabad HC: Cow is “sacred national wealth” which is a “substitute to Mother and God”
Allegations of raping a woman and attempting to rape her minor daughter has put on former UP minister Gayatri Prajapati and his two accomplices. In pursuance of that, on 17 February, the apex court had directed Uttar Pradesh Police to register an FIR against Prajapati, consequently he got arrested.
However, bail was granted to him by POCSO court later. This time prajapati challenged the cognizance taken by the Additional Sessions judge court and summoning him for trial under various sections of the POCSO Act, 2012.
It was argued that from the statement of the victim recorded under section 164 of CrPC, no offence under POSCO Act was made out. Allahabad HC give 2 weeks to UP government to file their reply.