- ticket title
- Delhi HC rejected the transit anticipatory bail to Honeypreet.
- GHCAA approached SC against the transfer of Justice Jayant Patel to Allahabad HC
- Call for Papers: Christ University Law Journal [Volume 7 Issue 2]: Submit by Nov 30
- Call for Papers: NILS Law Review (Vol. 2): Submit by October 16
- BM Sreenivasaiah Memorial 3rd National Moot (October 26 – 28, Bangalore): Registration Open
Allegations of raping a woman and attempting to rape her minor daughter has put on former UP minister Gayatri Prajapati and his two accomplices. In pursuance of that, on 17 February, the apex court had directed Uttar Pradesh Police to register an FIR against Prajapati, consequently he got arrested.
However, bail was granted to him by POCSO court later. This time prajapati challenged the cognizance taken by the Additional Sessions judge court and summoning him for trial under various sections of the POCSO Act, 2012.
It was argued that from the statement of the victim recorded under section 164 of CrPC, no offence under POSCO Act was made out. Allahabad HC give 2 weeks to UP government to file their reply.