- ticket title
- Call for Papers: Lex Revolution: Vol III, ISSUE 4: Deadline: 31st October, 2017.
- Conference: GNLU International Conference On Banking and Finance: 17-18 March, 2018
- Call for Papers: Jamia Millia Islamia’s Seminar on Socio Legal Aspects of Disability in India [Nov 1 – 2, Delhi]: Register by Oct 29
- Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2321-6417) Call for papers for Vol. 5 Issue 1,2; Submit before 30th September,2017
- 1st Yuveshna Essay Competition on Women and Law: Register by Oct 1
The government has extended the date to link Aadhaar and PAN till December 31.
Also, the ‘due-date’ for filing Income Tax returns and audit reports has been extended by a month to October 31 for all taxpayers who were liable to file their returns by September 30, 2017.
“Aadhaar is a proof of identity of an Indian citizen. It is a proof of Indian residentship for people who have lived in India for at least 182 days. Aadhaar is not for availing benefits as a citizen or activities such as opening bank accounts, filing tax returns, passport applications,” said Gopal Krishna, member, Citizens Forum for Civil Liberties, one of the first petitioners against the Aadhaar programme.
The Central Board Of Direct Taxes gave the order under the Section 119A of the Income Tax Act , 1961 through F. No. 225/2702017/ITA.11 :
Under the provisions of recently introduced section 139AA of the Act , w.e.f 01.07.2017 , all taxpayers having Aadhaar Numer or Enrolment Number are required to link it with the PAN Number for filing the tax return . The said provision was relaxed by The Central Board Of Direct Taxes vide its order 31.07.2017 , in file of even number , wherein further time till 31.08.2017 was given to taxpayers.
On consideration of the matter , CBDT , in exercise of powers conferred under section 119 of the Act, , modifies para 3 of its earlier order dated31.07.2017 and further extends the time for linking Aadhaar with PAN till 31.12.2017.