- ticket title
- 5th ILS National Alternate Judgement Writing Competition 2017-2018
- Gujarat National Law University’s 3rd National B Plan Competition – Exuberance 2018: Deadline- January 15, 2018
- Supreme Court Directed To Install CCTV Cameras In Courts, Says There Is No Need For Privacy
- Call for papers: Law Mantra Journal (ISSN: 2394-7829) for Vol. 5, Issue 4 and 5;Submit before 20th Dec,2017
- ICC/KLRCA Pre-Moot for the Willem C. Vis Moot Arbitration Competition [March 2-4, Malaysia]: Register by Jan 31
5th ILS National Alternate Judgement Writing Competition 2017-2018
Centre for Public Law, ILS Law College, Pune is organizing The Fifth ILS Alternate Judgment Writing Competition 2017-18. The judgment for the competition is “Karan Dileep Nevatia vs. Union of India” The judgment reflects an interface of Constitution of India and GATT law. The same was delivered by the Bombay High Court, and a Special Leave Petition against it under Article 136 of the Constitution has been dismissed by the Supreme Court.
To enable the students to:
- rethink the earlier Judgments of Supreme Court & High Court.
- sharpen the Research & writing skills.
- reimagine the reasoning underlying the cases.
Any Law College or Law University can send in entries. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
The student authors of the alternate judgment shall be pursuing the 5 year or 3 year law course.
Judgment shall be drafted by sole author, and co-authorship is not permissible.
The draft of the alternate judgment should be submitted on or before 20.12.2017.
The shortlisted candidates for the second round will be informed on 13.01.2018.
The oral presentation will be held on 05.02.2018. (post lunch).
In unavoidable circumstances, the date for final presentation may undergo change.
The prizes include cash and books:
|S. No||Particulars||Amount (Rs.)|
Any query regarding the competition shall be addressed to:
Ms.Shiwali Agarwal (Faculty in-charge): +917440889584
Ms. Gnanusha (Final Year Student): +917768060959
You may also contact us via email at [email protected]