- ticket title
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
- Delhi HC issues notice to Arnab and his channel for seeking their replies in Tharoors defamation case
2nd Year Law student had been arrested by the arrested by the Special cell of Delhi Police for impersonating (to intentionally copy another person’s characteristics, such as their behavior, speech, voice etc.) Supreme Court Judge Kurian Joseph.
The accused, Tausif-ul-Haque, had telephoned Mr. R.N. Pandey, Principal Secretary (Law), UP, asking him to appoint his college lecturer as a Government Law Officer at the Allahabad High Court. Mr. Pandey discussed the matter with Mr. R.N. Nijhawan, Registrar of Supreme Court.
It was found that Justice Kurian Joseph didn’t make any call and then he wrote to Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik, requesting him to lodge a complaint, though it was a sensitive case, Mr. Patnaik transferred the case to the Special Cell of Delhi Police for investigation.
The police investigation revealed that the student had the habit of making calls in the name of a Government official. Police is investigating to find out the involvement of other persons.