- ticket title
- Mention before SC for Early listing of Asaram’s bail plea
- PIL seeking SIT probe in Sunanda Pushkar Case was dismissed by Delhi HC
- IMS Unison University’s 1st National Client Counseling Competition [November 24-25, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 6
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
2nd Year Law student had been arrested by the arrested by the Special cell of Delhi Police for impersonating (to intentionally copy another person’s characteristics, such as their behavior, speech, voice etc.) Supreme Court Judge Kurian Joseph.
The accused, Tausif-ul-Haque, had telephoned Mr. R.N. Pandey, Principal Secretary (Law), UP, asking him to appoint his college lecturer as a Government Law Officer at the Allahabad High Court. Mr. Pandey discussed the matter with Mr. R.N. Nijhawan, Registrar of Supreme Court.
It was found that Justice Kurian Joseph didn’t make any call and then he wrote to Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik, requesting him to lodge a complaint, though it was a sensitive case, Mr. Patnaik transferred the case to the Special Cell of Delhi Police for investigation.
The police investigation revealed that the student had the habit of making calls in the name of a Government official. Police is investigating to find out the involvement of other persons.