- ticket title
- Allahabad issued show cause notice to CBI special court judge
- Uttarakhand HC put bar on the criticism of EVM
- Delhi HC issued notice for initiating contempt proceedings against Municipal authorities
- Rajasthan HC recommend Centre and State government to declare cow as national animal
- Madras HC impose interim stay on Centre’s notification regarding cow slaughter
The Allahabad High Court has issued a show cause notice to a judge of special court CBI at Ghaziabad for not setting free from jail an undertrial prisoner for more than a month, even after allowing her bail plea on the pretext of verification of bail bonds.
FIR was lodged against the applicant and other accused in 2010 under section 120B read with ss. 420, 468, 471, 477-A of the Indian Penal Code. The applicant was granted bail in the matter, and the trial came to an end.
Later, the investigating agency submitted an application for the addition of Section 467 and 120B, which the trial court accepted. On this basis, the applicant was again taken into custody on April 13 of this year. Her bail application was allowed on April 20, on the condition that she deposited personal bonds of Rs. 1 lakh and two sureties of the same amount.
On pretext of verification of security, the applicant had to spend close to a month in jail. On May 31 Allahabad HC order, has asked special court judge “why disciplinary action should not be initiated against him and why compensation, if awarded to the petitioner, should not be recovered from his salary”.