- ticket title
- IMS Unison University’s 1st National Client Counseling Competition [November 24-25, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 6
- Court passed the demolition order of parking lot within one kilometer of Taj Mahal
- SC insinuated to review its earlier order pertaining to playing of National Anthem in cinemas
- Law Mantra invites application for Research Associates; Apply before 15th Nov, 2017
- UPES Litigation Workshop on Criminal Law: Practice, Procedure and Compliance [Dec 11 – 15, Dehradun]: Register by Nov 11
On 6 September, Supreme Court expressed its compassion for the 13 year old rape-survivor and allowed her to abort her 31 week old foetus after Medical board opined that her pregnancy was possible at this stage.
Board further, opined the repercussions for pregnancy that baby would be pre-term and require intensive neo-natal care if pregnancy would be allowed, considering the plight and persecution of girl bench headed by CJI, Amitava Roy and A.M. Khanwilkar, decided to favour the girl’s plea for an abortion.
However, god has already decided the fate of 13 year old rape-survivor as she delivered a boy after a Caesarean-section surgery at Sir JJ Hospital, Byculla. Now, the family of minor mulling to hand over the child to state government.