- ticket title
- Punjab & Haryana HC granted bail to former student of Jindal Global Law School in a gang rape case
- SC Has Issued Modified Directions In Regard With Fire Crackers Saying ‘Prevention Is Better Than Cure’.
- Supreme Court Made A Notable Judgment: Six Months Cooling Period In Section 13B(2) For Divorce In Hindu Marriage Act By Mutual Consent Is Not Mandatory
- SC Questioned Whether Re-Tweets Attract Criminal Defamation.
- Karti Chidambaram refuses to appear before CBI in Aircel Maxis case.
Yesterday, Punjab and Haryana High Court granted bail to three former students of Jindal Global Law School who appealed their conviction order passed by Sonepat Trial Court in gang rape case. The accusation against the accused’s is that the accused had forced Prosecutrix (fellow student) to comply with their sexual demands over a two year period, beforeRead more
A public interest litigation initiated by the petitioners Arjun Gopal and Ors under Article 32 of the Constitution against Union of India and Ors in the Supreme Court Of India. This is to the effect that this Court may issue a writ of mandamus or any other appropriate writ or direction to ban theRead more
A two Judge Bench of Supreme Court comprising Justices AK Goel and UU Lalit held that the 6 months waiting period prescribed under Section 13B(2) of Hindu Marriage Act for divorce by mutual consent is not mandatory and can be waived under certain circumstances. A Special Leave Petition was filed by the Appellant Amardeep SinghRead more
The Supreme Court on Thursday agreed to urgently hear a plea by AAP leader Raghav Chadha that he was unnecessarily made to face criminal defamation charges for retweeting Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal about Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. In an urgent mentioning before a Bench led by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, Mr. Chadha, represented by seniorRead more
Karti Chidambaram on Thursday refused to appear before the CBI in the Aircel Maxis case saying a special court had discharged all the accused and terminated proceedings in the matter, a claim strongly contradicted by the CBI which said that the investigation was still on. The agency had called Karti for questioning today in connection with the foreign investment clearance givenRead more